Our referral program is back! Refer a friend to Jay Suites and all referrals that apply will be rewarded with a free Apple iPad 9.7-inch! FEATURES 64-bit architecture. Four-core …
Welcome to the Jay Suites blog!Here you will find trending topics on small business and entrepreneurship with a few tips and tricks that will help make your business thrive. Our goal is to be a platform for small business news, networking events in Manhattan and to provide content that you will find beneficial. One of the major benefits of being a part of the Jay Suites community is the immediate exclusive access to a group of professionals from a variety of industries. Our Member Spotlight blogs encourage collaboration and are a great way for members to learn more about the people they work beside every day. We will highlight a company within our space that exhibits outstanding entrepreneurship by sharing their success, goals, and challenges.
- Would you stay at Dunkin’ Donuts’ $10-per-night Airbnb? October 21, 2018Dunkin’ Donuts is getting into the tiny home game. The coffee chain has built a tiny mobile home in Nahant, Massachusetts and is now renting it out on Airbnb for $10 per night with a maximum stay of up to three days, according to Eater. Billed on Airbnb as “The Home That Runs On Coffee,” […]Erin Hudson
- Blackstone’s Stephen Schwarzman discusses Jamal Khashoggi in Q3 earnings call October 21, 2018Blackstone’s CEO and chairman Steve Schwarzman spoke about dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi during an earnings call last week. The first question from an analyst on the call was about how Saudi Arabia’s role in the disappearance–and now confirmed death–of journalist Jamal Khashoggi may affect Blackstone’s U.S. infrastructure fund, according to a Seeking Alpha transcript. In […]Erin Hudson
- Fox is developing a real estate sitcom inspired by HGTV’s “Property Brothers” October 21, 2018One big broadcast network just wasn’t enough for HGTV’s “Property Brothers.” The twin brothers who rose to fame for buying and fixing up homes are now producing a sitcom for Fox. Drew and Jonathan Scott will be executive producers on the show alongside another pair of brothers: Jon and Josh Silberman, who will be both […]Erin Hudson
- LA business owners hope “LeBron effect” will be a slam dunk for their bottom lines October 21, 2018As LeBron James prepares for his first game on Sunday as a Los Angeles Laker, so do the bar and restaurant owners in Downtown Los Angeles. Business owners in the surrounding neighborhoods abutting the Staples Center are hoping for the so-called “LeBron effect” — a boost in business thanks to increased interest in the famous […]Erin Hudson
- Loft featured on “Chicago Fire” hits the market October 21, 2018“Chicago Fire” fans who thought Kelly Severide’s luxe loft home in the show’s first season seemed a little outside of the price range of a Chicago firefighter were right. The 4,000-square-foot West Loop loft that Taylor Kinney’s character shared with an ill-fated paramedic played by Lauren German is on the market for $1.78 million. And […]Erin Hudson
- Why a luxury developer is now building affordable prefab homes by famous designers October 20, 2018Developer Robbie Antonio, 41, is forging a new path for prefabricated construction with his three-year-old startup, Revolution Precrafted. During a visit to New York last month, Antonio sat down with The Real Deal to talk about his company, which is the first based in the Philippines to reach unicorn status within two years. Antonio founded […]Erin Hudson
- Would you stay at Dunkin’ Donuts’ $10-per-night Airbnb? October 21, 2018
- Construction leader's next project is rebuilding the industry's public image October 19, 2018The New York Building Congress's president has a gut rehab planned for the construction community's reputation.Trade group CEO Carlo Scissura revealed at a breakfast meeting this morning that the... To view the full story, click the title link.Will Bredderman
- City joins national push urging food makers to cut down on sugar October 19, 2018The city Health Department unveiled on Friday a national plan to reduce the amount of sugar in packaged foods by 20% and sugary drinks by 40% by 2025. The city has partnered with about 100 local,... To view the full story, click the title link.Jonathan LaMantia
- State considers blocking parts of CVS-Aetna merger October 19, 2018New York state officials are considering blocking parts of the $68 billion merger of drugstore store chain CVS Health Corp. and Aetna Inc., jeopardizing billions of dollars in insurance premiums for... To view the full story, click the title link.
- Coworking company Bond Collective grows its footprint in the city October 19, 2018The boutique coworking company Bond Collective is expanding its portfolio with two new locations. The company is leasing a 25,000-square-foot office building at 158 Lafayette St. in Soho and a... To view the full story, click the title link.Daniel Geiger
- Questions for the council as it considers commercial rent control October 19, 2018On Monday the City Council will hold a hearing on a bill to impose commercial rent control in the city by requiring binding arbitration in rent disputes in an effort to help small retailers. Before... To view the full story, click the title link.Greg David
- Union comes out against commercial-rent-control bill October 19, 2018A large service workers union plans to testify against the City Council's commercial-rent-control bill next week. The legislation would give commercial tenants the right to a lease renewal, and, if a... To view the full story, click the title link.Joe Anuta
- Construction leader's next project is rebuilding the industry's public image October 19, 2018