Welcome to the Jay Suites blog!Here you will find trending topics on small business and entrepreneurship with a few tips and tricks that will help make your business thrive. Our goal is to be a platform for small business news, networking events in Manhattan and to provide content that you will find beneficial. One of the major benefits of being a part of the Jay Suites community is the immediate exclusive access to a group of professionals from a variety of industries. Our Member Spotlight blogs encourage collaboration and are a great way for members to learn more about the people they work beside every day. We will highlight a company within our space that exhibits outstanding entrepreneurship by sharing their success, goals, and challenges.
- Refer a friend for FREE Apple AirPods Pro!January 2, 2020
- Jay Suites Response to COVID-19: Keeping our Workspace SafeMay 22, 2020
- What do the vaccines mean for your business?February 4, 2021
- Physical offices are here to stay!November 23, 2020
- Refer a friend for FREE Apple AirPods Pro!
- Universe Holdings buys NJ townhomes for $60M in national expansion June 24, 2021A California multifamily investor is making its way to the East Coast. Los Angeles-based Universe Holdings acquired Mariners Cove, a 226-unit townhome community in Toms River, New Jersey, for $60 million, Real Estate Weekly reported. The deal coincides with the opening of Universe Holdings’ New York office under the leadership of Aaron Manoucheri, son of […]TRD Staff
- Biden ousts Fannie, Freddie overseer, leaving firms in gov’t hands June 24, 2021Investors who bet that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac would soon be privatized have another thing coming. The Biden administration ousted the head of the Federal Housing Finance Agency after the Supreme Court ruled that its current structure is unconstitutional, the Wall Street Journal reported. The move will allow Biden to replace Trump-appointee Mark Calabria […]TRD Staff
- Fifth Wall, Robert Downey invest in climate tech financing firm June 24, 2021Venture capital firm Fifth Wall and actor Robert Downey Jr. are investing in a firm that offers financing incentives for homeowners who want to reduce their energy consumption. The company, Sealed, scored $16 million in Series B funding, led by Fifth Wall. Investors include Downey’s newly-created FootPrint Coalition Ventures, Cyrus Capital and CityRock Ventures. New […]By Keith Larsen
- Miami Beach condo building collapse leaves at least 1 dead June 24, 2021UPDATED, June 24, 9:22 a.m.: A condominium tower just north of Miami Beach collapsed overnight, leaving multiple residents seriously injured and at least one dead, with more fatalities expected. The northeast portion of the Champlain Towers South Condo at 8777 Collins Avenue in Surfside collapsed at around 2 a.m. Thursday. The 12-story tower was built […]By Lidia Dinkova
- Nightingale, Wafra pay $220M for land under 111 Wall June 24, 2021In the poker game of real estate development, two investors are going all-in on 111 Wall Street. After acquiring the leasehold interest in the 24-story office building for $175 million last year, Nightingale Properties and Wafra Capital Partners have now added the building’s fee interest to their holdings as well — a $220 million purchase, […]By Orion Jones
- Target is coming to Long Island City June 24, 2021Long Island City is getting its first Target store. The private equity fund Savanna will lease 31,000 square feet of space at the bottom of its 53-story One Court Square office tower to the retail chain. The new store will occupy both the ground and second floors. It will be the seventh Target location in […]By Alexandra White | Research By Keith Larsen
- Universe Holdings buys NJ townhomes for $60M in national expansion June 24, 2021
- NY green-energy startup gets $16M boost, with help from Iron Man June 24, 2021Robert Downey Jr.'s climate-focused venture capital fund is among the investors in a $16 million venture capital round for Midtown-based Sealed To view the full story, click the title link.Ryan Deffenbaugh
- Telehealth waivers are set to expire, but advocates are hopeful for a fix June 24, 2021Plus: Catholic Health opens ambulatory care center in Patchogue RWJBarnabas, Rutgers break ground on $750M cancer hospital Maimonides reports losses through March To view the full story, click the title link.Shuan Sim, Maya Kaufman
- Rent Guidelines Board adopts partial rent freeze June 24, 2021Rents will be frozen for the first six months of a new one-year lease then go up by 1.5% for the remainder of the year, while rents for two-year leases will increase by 2.5% from the start. To view the full story, click the title link.Natalie Sachmechi
- To-go cocktails, alcohol delivery to end for bars and restaurants Thursday June 23, 2021New Yorkers have about 24 hours left to order alcoholic beverages to-go To view the full story, click the title link.Associated Press
- TODAY: #NetworkWithPride with Crain's New York June 23, 2021Join us at 4 PM for a celebration of New York's LGBTQ+ business community. Click below to hear a special message from keynote speaker Maeve DuVally and register now! To view the full story, click the title link.
- The rise and fall of Andrew Yang June 23, 2021Despite surging popularity coming out of his presidential run, Yang's celebrity couldn't catapult him to New York City mayor To view the full story, click the title link.Brian Pascus
- NY green-energy startup gets $16M boost, with help from Iron Man June 24, 2021