Welcome to the Jay Suites blog!Here you will find trending topics on small business and entrepreneurship with a few tips and tricks that will help make your business thrive. Our goal is to be a platform for small business news, networking events in Manhattan and to provide content that you will find beneficial. One of the major benefits of being a part of the Jay Suites community is the immediate exclusive access to a group of professionals from a variety of industries. Our Member Spotlight blogs encourage collaboration and are a great way for members to learn more about the people they work beside every day. We will highlight a company within our space that exhibits outstanding entrepreneurship by sharing their success, goals, and challenges.
- Jay Conference Opening in Second Quarter of 2019February 12, 2019
- Member Appreciation Day at Jay Suites!January 16, 2019
- Refer a Friend to Jay Suites for a FREE Microsoft Surface Go!May 3, 2019
- Jay Conference Announces its Grand Opening with Two New York City LocationsNovember 11, 2019
- Refer a Friend for a FREE Samsung Galaxy s10!October 2, 2019
- Refer a Friend for a donation to Toys for Tots!November 26, 2019
- Jay Conference Opening in Second Quarter of 2019
- These real estate companies got fat PPP loans July 6, 2020In New York, California, Florida and Illinois a total of more than 1,000 real estate and real estate-related businesses received forgivable loans worth at least $1 million each through the Paycheck Protection Program. That’s just a fraction of the newly-released loan data detailing recipients of PPP assistance, which includes tens of billions of dollars that […]By Kevin Sun
- “You’ve either made the wrong shoes, or you’ve made too many”: LIC faces a serious condo glut July 6, 2020Over the past decade, Long Island City became the ultimate testing ground for New York City’s new development market. Its proximity to Manhattan and mass transit, the availability of relatively cheap land and a promising waterfront combined to create a wave of for-sale towers, each one upping the next in terms of amenities. How those […]TRD Staff
- West Coast luxury broker wants to buy New York Mets July 6, 2020West Coast luxury broker and developer Kurt Rappaport is taking a swing at owning an East Coast baseball team. The co-founder and CEO of Los Angeles’ Westside Estate Agency is reportedly leading a group of investors looking to purchase the New York Mets, according to the New York Daily News. Their competition includes A-Rod and […]TRD Staff
- Private prison REIT threatened inmates for reporting Covid-19 concerns: lawsuit July 6, 2020Geo Group, one of the largest private prison operators in the country, is putting inmates at risk of contracting Covid-19, and is failing to report on inmates who have died from the virus at one of its facilities in Houston, according to a recent lawsuit. Avery Ayers, an inmate in a federal halfway house in […]By Keith Larsen
- TRD Insights: Hotel CMBS delinquencies jumped in June July 6, 2020Hotels’ occupancy rates have been rising, but their loan troubles are through the roof. Hotel delinquencies among commercial mortgage-backed security (CMBS) loans rated by Kroll Bond Ratings Agency reached 21.6 percent last month, up from 13.6 percent in May. That was the highest among all property types, with delinquencies on loans secured by retail and […]By Jerome Dineen
- REITs: A crystal ball for NYC’s commercial real estate July 6, 2020How quickly will New York City recover from the pandemic’s jiu jitsu move that uses the city’s greatest strengths against it? The answer may lie in real estate investment trusts. The fate of four major REITs whose assets are concentrated in New York City — Empire State Realty Trust, SL Green Realty, Vornado and Paramount […]TRD Staff
- These real estate companies got fat PPP loans July 6, 2020
- Small business aid went beyond hard-hit companies, data show July 7, 2020The government on Monday identified roughly 650,000 mostly small businesses and nonprofits that received taxpayer money through a that was designed to soften job losses from the coronavirus but also... To view the full story, click the title link.
- Uber buys Postmates, ups delivery game in $2.65 billion deal July 7, 2020Uber has widened its reach in the f delivery market by acquiring Postmates in a $2.65 billion all-stock deal, the company said Monday. The acquisition enables the ride-hailing giant to increase its... To view the full story, click the title link.
- Retailers to governors: Please mandate face mask wearing July 7, 2020Retailers&…; have a message for state governors: Please make everyone wear a . The Retail Industry Leaders Association, which represents Target, Home Depot and other major chains, says different... To view the full story, click the title link.
- Trump donors among early recipients of coronavirus loans July 7, 2020As much as $273 million in federal coronavirus aid was awarded to more than 100 companies that are owned or operated by major donors to President Donald Trump's election efforts, according to an... To view the full story, click the title link.
- New York has avoided a virus uptick while reopening, Cuomo says July 7, 2020New York state hospitalizations for Covid-19…; were 817 as of July 5, the lowest since March 18. Of the 54,328 tests conducted in the state, about 518 or 0.95% were positive, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said... To view the full story, click the title link.
- How NY hospitals are addressing inequality and diversity in leadership: Q&A July 7, 2020The Covid-19 pandemic and protests over the killing of George Floyd have raised questions about what hospitals are doing to address inequality in health care and their communities. Lloyd Bishop, a... To view the full story, click the title link.Jonathan LaMantia, Jennifer Henderson
- Small business aid went beyond hard-hit companies, data show July 7, 2020