Our exclusive Jay Suites Annual Summer Terrace Event was a huge success! The all-white party did not disappoint, everyone came dressed to impress and ready to network. It truly was …
Welcome to the Jay Suites blog!Here you will find trending topics on small business and entrepreneurship with a few tips and tricks that will help make your business thrive. Our goal is to be a platform for small business news, networking events in Manhattan and to provide content that you will find beneficial. One of the major benefits of being a part of the Jay Suites community is the immediate exclusive access to a group of professionals from a variety of industries. Our Member Spotlight blogs encourage collaboration and are a great way for members to learn more about the people they work beside every day. We will highlight a company within our space that exhibits outstanding entrepreneurship by sharing their success, goals, and challenges.
- How a Virtual Office Can Improve your BusinessOctober 9, 2018
- Refer a Friend to Jay Suites for a FREE Apple iPad 9.7-inch!October 16, 2018
- Jay Conference Opening in Second Quarter of 2019February 12, 2019
- Member Appreciation Day at Jay Suites!January 16, 2019
- Refer a Friend to Jay Suites for a FREE Microsoft Surface Go!May 3, 2019
- Jay Conference Announces its Grand Opening with Two New York City LocationsNovember 11, 2019
- How a Virtual Office Can Improve your Business
- Bernie Sanders throws support behind New York rent-suspension bill March 28, 2020Presidential candidate Bernie Sanders has thrown his weight behind Sen. Michael Gianaris’ rent-suspension bill. “Along with pausing mortgage payments, evictions, and utility shutoffs, we must place a moratorium on rent payments, especially in states hardest-hit by the coronavirus like New York,” Sanders tweeted on Saturday morning. “We must build on the important work [Gianaris] and […]By Georgia Kromrei
- Fewer Canadians are searching for homes online amid pandemic March 28, 2020Canadians are not only done with open houses, it seems many aren’t even looking for new homes anymore. There were 38 percent fewer web searches for homes on March 23 than there was on March 5, less than 20 days earlier, according to data from property mark aetplace Point2 Homes first reported by Bloomberg. Point2 […]TRD Staff
- Demand for housing tanks in UK as buyers stay home March 28, 2020The growing coronavirus pandemic has tanked housing demand in the United Kingdom. Demand fell 40 percent over the last week and the number of handshake deals — or “subject to contract” deals — were down 60 percent, according to a Hometrack study of 20 U.K. cities first reported by Mansion Global. Hometrack projects transaction volumes […]TRD Staff
- Stimulus deal buoys real estate stocks, but coronavirus maintains its grip March 27, 2020The mid-week market optimism slid away Friday, as real estate stocks — including real estate investment trusts, brokerage firms and homebuilders — fell along with the broader market. Markets did end the week higher but today’s dip, which came despite the House and Senate approving a historic $2 trillion stimulus deal, was another signal that […]By Mary Diduch
- Mass layoffs claim jobs at the Plaza, Sofitel and Le Bernardin March 27, 2020From the Plaza Hotel to Le Bernardin, workers at New York City restaurants and hotels were battered by more layoffs on Friday. With most non-essential business in the city at a standstill, there were 19 new WARN notices filed, signalling mass layoffs. The notices impacted a total of 1,692 workers. Among those businesses reporting layoffs […]By E.B. Solomont Research by Mary Diduch
- Crown Heights hotel marks lone mid-market deal this week March 27, 2020Just one property traded hands in New York’s mid-level investment sales market last week, at a time when the city is trying to grapple with the deepening coronavirus outbreak. Here are the details of the sale: An LLC based in Bedford-Stuyvesant purchased a four-story hotel in Crown Heights for $10 million. The seller was an […]By Eddie Small Research by Nicholas Severin
- Bernie Sanders throws support behind New York rent-suspension bill March 28, 2020
- SL Green seeking to sell loans tied to city's cratering retail market March 27, 2020Some of the loans SL Green is seeking to part ways with have exposure to the city's sinking retail market, which has seen a dramatic downturn amid the coronavirus crisis. The $3.8 billion public... To view the full story, click the title link.Daniel Geiger
- Here's how to apply for a city small-business relief loan March 27, 2020Applications for the city's small-business loan program, which offers zero- interest loans up to $75,000 to businesses affected by Covid-19, went live Friday. City businesses in operation for two... To view the full story, click the title link.Gwen Everett
- Stocks pare declines after stimulus bill passes March 27, 2020U.S. stocks pared declines after Congress passed a $2 trillion stimulus package meant to blunt the economic impact of the coronavirus. Treasuries gained and oil slipped. The S&P 500 Index on Friday... To view the full story, click the title link.
- This is what New York gets in the stimulus bill March 27, 2020After a week of partisan squabbling, Congress finally passed aon Friday. Here's a breakdown of what gets out of it and the two previous rescue bills. First, the most important element of the... To view the full story, click the title link.Brian Pascus
- House clears $2 trillion rescue package for coronavirus-ravaged economy March 27, 2020Acting with exceptional resolve in an extraordinary time, the House rushed President Donald Trump a $2.2 trillion rescue package on Friday, tossing a life preserver to a U.S. economy and health care... To view the full story, click the title link.
- Investments for New York startups expected to drop by 10% March 27, 2020Startups in New York are facing a dramatically shifted reality in the era of coronavirus: Funding is limited, some product launches need to be rethought entirely, and the federal rescue package may... To view the full story, click the title link.Ryan Deffenbaugh
- SL Green seeking to sell loans tied to city's cratering retail market March 27, 2020