Welcome to the Jay Suites blog!Here you will find trending topics on small business and entrepreneurship with a few tips and tricks that will help make your business thrive. Our goal is to be a platform for small business news, networking events in Manhattan and to provide content that you will find beneficial. One of the major benefits of being a part of the Jay Suites community is the immediate exclusive access to a group of professionals from a variety of industries. Our Member Spotlight blogs encourage collaboration and are a great way for members to learn more about the people they work beside every day. We will highlight a company within our space that exhibits outstanding entrepreneurship by sharing their success, goals, and challenges.
- Member Spotlight | Maya's HopeAugust 1, 2017
- Happy 4th of July!June 30, 2017
- On-Demand NYC Meeting Space ReinventedJuly 14, 2017
- Refer a Friend to Jay Suites and Receive FREE AirPods!September 8, 2017
- Jay Suites Office Space : The Benefits of an Open WorkspaceOctober 13, 2017
- Jay Suites Offices : Grow into Additional SpaceOctober 20, 2017
- Member Spotlight | Maya's Hope
- The Viper Room’s successor revealed: A futuristic hotel/condo by Morphosis December 16, 2018West Hollywood is in line to get another striking architectural landmark on Sunset Boulevard. Silver Creek Development Co. has revealed a futuristic design for a proposed hotel one block west of the Arts Club site, where the infamous Viper Room now stands, according to WeHoville. The design by architects at Morphosis shows one building resembling […]Erin Hudson
- NYC’s 10 most expensive neighborhoods December 15, 2018The annual ranking of the Big Apple’s most expensive neighborhoods is out and there are a few surprises. Compiled by Property Shark, Manhattan and Brooklyn continue to dominate the list, which is based off residential sales data, the New York Post reported. But some regularly top-ranked enclaves struggled this year. Tribeca’s prices fell 18 percent […]Erin Hudson
- Good catch? Famous Hamptons fish shop hits the market for $7M December 15, 2018For years, Stuart’s Seafood Market has been a must-stop shop for motorists on the Montauk Highway in Amagansett. Now, the famed fish shop at 41 Oak Lane has been put on the market for $6.99 million by its owners Bruce and Charlotte Sasso, according to The New York Post. The shop, which opened in the […]Erin Hudson
- Could this city be the next capital of cool? December 15, 2018Greenville, South Carolina, wants to be the next Portland, Oregon, aka the capital of the cool and artsy. The southern town began attracting artists in 2005, with the introduction of an annual, three-day festival called Artisphere. The arrival of well-established artists in the former milltown coincided with a gradual growth in real estate prices, with […]Erin Hudson
- Turns out millennials’ dream homes aren’t that different from baby boomers’ December 15, 2018(Credit: Nod GIFs) Millennial homeowners want big houses with easy-access showers and loads of technology, making them not that different from baby boomers. Walk-in showers are popular with both age groups, as they make bathrooms look appealing and accessible, and both groups are also interested in smart home technology, according to MarketWatch. Size is the […]Erin Hudson
- How wealthy buyers are scoping out second homes in a slow market December 15, 2018At the Montage Kapalua development in Maui, prospective buyers can arrange four-night stays — complete with private dinners and spa treatments — before deciding to take the plunge on a million-dollar (or more) house. Amid the market slowdown, these trial runs are becoming more common among those shopping for a second home — or a […]Erin Hudson
- The Viper Room’s successor revealed: A futuristic hotel/condo by Morphosis December 16, 2018
- Scandal-plagued CBS grants $20M to 18 women's rights groups December 14, 2018CBS is pledging $20 million in support of 18 organizations dedicated to eliminating sexual harassment in the workplace as the network tries to recover from a scandal that led to the ouster of its top... To view the full story, click the title link.
- Spokesman refutes report of Yankee Stadium's unsanitary concession areas December 14, 2018Take me out to the ball game, take me out of this stadium. Yankees fans may want to skip out on hotdogs and beer while attending games at Yankee Stadium, according to a recent investigation... To view the full story, click the title link.Lizeth Beltran
- City Planning staffer rakes in more than $300K thanks to 'double-dipping' December 14, 2018One of the architects of Mayor Bill de Blasio's housing plan is living well at the taxpayer's expense, a think-tank reported.The right-leaning Empire Center highlighted Anita Laremont, the executive... To view the full story, click the title link.Will Bredderman
- Council hearings cement wide-ranging changes for real estate December 14, 2018The City Council considered 20 major land-use policies Thursday that will fundamentally change the way many owners and developers do business.A key council committee approved a rezoning of the... To view the full story, click the title link.Joe Anuta
- Tech company eyes Aetna's pricey Meatpacking District office December 14, 2018An online brand management company is negotiating to take over the lease for a pricey office building in the Meatpacking District that insurance company Aetna had—until recently—planned to use for... To view the full story, click the title link.Daniel Geiger
- Christie turns down Trump's chief of staff role December 14, 2018Former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie said that he’s asked Donald Trump not to consider him as White House chief of staff. “I have told the president that now is not the right time for me or my... To view the full story, click the title link.
- Scandal-plagued CBS grants $20M to 18 women's rights groups December 14, 2018